Students and Teachers
If you're a teacher or a student studying Latin at a qualified institution, you can get 50% off the price of all our apps by using Apple's App Store Volume Purchase Program. This allows you to purchase any of our apps at a substantial discount, and distribute the codes to your students.
You can read more about the scheme here, but Apple's rules are quite straightforward:
- You must purchase at least 20 copies of an app in order to qualify. Fortunately, this should suit even moderately sized classes.
- You should purchase your apps using your Apple Education account.
- If your institution is tax exempt, you will not be charged sales tax, reducing the cost even more.
- Once purchased, Apple will send you codes for your students to redeem to download the apps you bought - they won't be asked for payment because you have already paid.
- You're allowed to purchase apps for students, teachers, administrators, or anyone at the institution who will be using the apps.
So, you pay half as much, it's less hassle for your students, and it means they get to have something useful on their iPads alongside Angry Birds - what's not to like? And if you find any of our apps are useful in your class, please get in touch - we're excited to have the opportunity to help kids study Latin, and anything we can do to make that easier or more fun is top of our agenda!
NB: Apple provides us with a limited number of promotional codes that can be redeemed for free copies of our apps. If your school is evaluating a volume purchase of one or more of our apps and you'd like to try before you buy, please get in touch - if we have any promotional codes left, we'll send one over to you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your purchase plans and which apps you'd like to evaluate.
Get the apps you want
We built our Latin Grammar app because a Latin teacher from Australia emailed us to say "I know it’s very presumptuous, but I was wondering if..." She said her school had just bought iPads for her students, and she wanted them to have a way to test their skills rather than playing games. Less than a month later, we had produced the app she asked for, complete with all the features she needed, and her kids were already using it to improve their studies.
The moral of the story is: if you don't ask, you don't get. If you're a Latin teacher and you think your kids would really benefit from a particular kind of Latin app, please do email us and we'll see what we can do. No, there's no charge - this isn't some sort of scam where we bill you for thousands of dollars of programming work. Instead, we just think it's amazing that we have the opportunity to spread Latin to kids around the world, and anything we can do to encourage its study is a bonus for us!
So, email us with your suggestions - you've got nothing to lose!